Frequently Asked Questions

What is factoring?

Factoring is a service provided by a property management company who act on behalf of owner-occupiers or shared owners to maintain areas that have a common interest to an excellent standard and then apportion the cost of the repairs to owners.  Areas of common interest are the building structure, roofs, close and backcourt.

What is the Deed of Conditions?

Your Deed of Condition is a legal document and details your responsibility and rights towards common repairs also known as a “burden”.  Within the Deeds there might also be information regarding the management of the common areas such as the obligations and duties of the factor.  The Deeds should also define the procedures for dealing with repairs and routine maintenance, provision for insurance, and explains the procedures for the factor to recover any outstanding debts.

What are my responsibilities as a home-owner?

Owners are expected to keep their property and communal areas well maintained.  Owners are also expected to pay for common repairs, a deposit and a management fee for their factoring services.  When you leave your deposit will be refunded and the new owner takes over your responsibilities.

The Scottish Executive has provided a booklet “We Are All Responsible”.  The booklet is an owners guide to the management and maintenance of common property.  The booklet is available from: The Scottish Executive, Victoria Quay, Leith, Edinburgh EH6 6QQ.  This can also be accessed using the following links: Scottish Excecutive Full Scottish Executive Summary

What am I entitled to as a home-owner?

As an owner you have the rights to make any alterations and amendments to your home in accordance with planning department regulations.  However a home-owner can not make any changes to their property or common areas that will interfere with other owners rights or cause a nuisance in the common areas.

What should I do about nuisances caused by my neighbour?

If you are experiencing anti-social behaviour from your neighbours that are not factoring related, e.g. loud noises, we recommend that you either talk to your neighbour, seek the help of the police or call the anti-social behaviour network.

If you neighbour is being disruptive to the common areas and causing a health and safety hazard we will attempt to deal with the matter discretely.  If your neighbour is a tenant of a housing association, register a complaint with the housing association.  We regret that we are unable to deal with matters not related to factoring.

How do I make complaints?

Should you ever have a reason to be unhappy with our services or standard of work then in the first instance you should try and resolve your complaint with our factoring staff, however if you are not satisfied with our response then please request a copy of our complaints procedure. (see link to complaints procedure)

Tel: 0141 561 1105
Fax: 0141 576 0211
Out of Hours Emergency Tel: 0808 143 2002
Regd. Office: 45 Firhill Road, Glasgow G20 7BE.
Company number SC278139, VAT Registration No. 870 2416 40